Thursday 28 January 2016

Shauna's Evaluation

My main intention for the short assignment was to push the boundaries and really put myself out of my comfortzone and experiment with different work within the project.

I am the director of this production team. As director I believe I make all the final decisions and keep order within the team. My personality naturally tries to make the best decision for eveyone without putting myself first. There are five people in total in our group so there were many times during filming and editing sessions where I would have to make the final decision due to a 50/50 split decision in the group.

I feel our strength as a group was the equal contribution from each team member. Everyone wished to experiment with each role and in some aspects we did. We really worked as a team on set and in the editing studio to create a really interesting product.

Our weakness as a group was most likely attendance. This weakness was mostly due to illness or confusion within the group, which is no excuse. As the director of the group I made the decision if someone could take the day off or leave early due to the reason behind the depature.

I feel that if all members of the group were present during all sessions we would have come across less issues than we did, because I think that the team working skill can influence every decision and problem. This is something I feel we could imporve on as a group, because at one point or another every member including myself has not attended a session, which I now see as unacceptable.

My Strenghs in this assignment were managing the group and making the final decisions during the editing sessions especially.

My weaknesses in this assignment were managing the pressure on myself as leader of the group and trying to control my perfectionist side and create a edit which looked visually impressive without focusing on the minor inperfections of the quality and content of the video.

I feel that I have learnt about myself a bit more during this assignment and personally I dont think I would like to become the director again. I would like to try being a camerawoman on my next assignment, because I would like to learn more camera techniques and get more comfortable using different technical equiptment with the help of other students who know how to use them well.

To conclude, I am very impressed with our short film tribute to David Bowie and I feel my group and I have took a unique path to completing this assignment by creating a short film to interpretate a poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment