Tuesday 12 January 2016

My Role as the Camera Operator

Normally I steer toward the producer or management roles within video production. But after assembling groups once we had been set our brief, we talked about our strengths and weaknesses as a group and from there, we decided to take on roles we are normally not so comfortable with.

After analysing past projects I'd worked on, I decided that one of the areas I could improve in is camerawork. I am normally not very comfortable taking on practical roles but we have three whole weeks dedicated to this project and as a group, we decided that was plenty of time to challenge ourselves and try out different roles. It's a perfect opportunity for not just myself, but for all of us to learn and pick up new skills, as well as developing some skills we already have.

So as the group's camera operator, I'm in charge of the camera, of course. I'll work closely with the director to bring their vision to life and tell a story to our audience through images and audio.


-By Scarlett Clarke

No comments:

Post a Comment